FoCo In Under Five: S3 EP17 for the weekend of 9/10/21 - 9/12/21
Good people! We have here for you, fresh from our FoCo ovens, a newly baked episode of FoCo In Under 5! In this episode, we share a few exciting ideas for the coming weekend - one of these is an opportunity that you want to take advantage of ASAP because there's a limited quantity that is sure to go quickly. Come on along our short little ride - if you think of the cost for the number of minutes, this is a terrific value!
Community Canopy – Link live 8 a.m. Tuesday, September 7 (trees sell out quickly!)
Through a partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation's Community Canopy program, 350 trees will be provided to residents of Fort Collins for $25 each. These trees will help homeowners in our community lower energy costs, filter air and water, reduce stormwater runoff, slow climate change, and green our neighborhoods.
New This Year
- All trees are locally grown
- Reduced price from $40 to $25
- Increased trees available from 225 to 350
- Increased species available from 4 to 19
How It Works
- Beginning at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, September 7, a link will be posted here which will guide you through reserving your tree.
- Use the online tool to determine the location in your yard to plant your new tree for maximum savings on your energy bill. This tool will also estimate the annual savings that will result from the tree and also allow you to place your reservation.
- Residents may reserve one tree per household and are expected to plant them in the location provided by the online tool, as well as provide ongoing care.
- The Community Canopy Program reservation site will remain active until all 350 trees are reserved.
- The 2-4 foot trees will be available at a pickup event on Saturday, September 18 from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. for those who have made tree reservations.
- Unclaimed trees will be donated, if not claimed by Friday, October 1.
All above info, and site where link will be posted: fcgov.com/treecanopy *Must have live within Fort Collins/within the GMA
3rd Annual Horsetooth International Film Fest: https://www.horsetoothfilmfestival.com/
Longs Peak Scottish Irish Highland Festival https://www.scotfest.com/